Gerwyn Price powered into the World Matchplay semi-finals on Friday evening, dispatching Ross Smith 16-12 in a compelling quarter-final clash at Blackpool's Winter Gardens.
The Welshman posted a 102.78 average across the contest and will face Dutch third seed Gian van Veen in tonight's last-four encounter.
Price appeared to have the match firmly in his grasp at 12-8 ahead, only for Smith to mount a spirited fightback that hauled the contest level at 12-12.
The former world champion responded emphatically, reeling off four successive legs to seal his passage.

It marks Price's bid to reach the Blackpool showpiece for the first time since 2022.
Should he overcome Van Veen this evening, he would progress to Sunday's best-of-35 final against either defending champion Luke Littler or Dirk van Duijvenbode.
Price acknowledged the quality of his display for much of the match but expressed irritation at squandering chances that allowed Smith back into contention.
"I was delighted with the way I played for the majority of the game, but there were a couple of legs that I let slip," he told reporters.
"It could have come back to haunt me in the end, especially when Ross hit that 12-darter, but I'm just glad I got over the line."

Rather than celebrating his four-leg cushion at 12-8, the Welshman felt he should have been further ahead.
"I'm actually thinking I should be 13-7 or 14-6 because I'd wasted a few opportunities," he admitted.
"I probably shouldn't think like that. It's just about the next leg, then the next leg, then the next leg. I'm happy to win, but I'm a little bit frustrated as well."

His finishing proved the decisive factor, clinical in spells yet inconsistent enough to keep Smith in the contest.
Price also turned his attention to Littler, the world number one and overwhelming favourite to retain his crown, suggesting the teenager is not invincible despite his extraordinary consistency.
"I think there's a lot of players that can get to that level," Price told reporters.
"Is there anyone who can do it as long as him? I think I can and I think there's a couple of players, but he's ruthless at the minute - these 109, 110 averages just look so easy for him."
The Welshman argued that too many opponents allow Littler to dictate proceedings unchallenged.
"I think some players play into his hand and just let him play with his rhythm," he said. "Sometimes, people make it a little bit too easy for him."
His message was clear: disrupting Littler's tempo and seizing key moments is essential for anyone hoping to deny the defending champion a second successive Blackpool title.
Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter
from GB News https://ift.tt/Q3SAqky
via IFTTT

Thank you for your message!