Luke Littler has sent a warning to the rest of the darting competition after his incredible win in the World Matchplay final in Blackpool.
The Nuke produced a performance to remember against Gerwyn Price, averaging 111.53 in the final, pushing up his tournament average to 111.04, breaking Phil Taylor's record of 106.31.
Littler also broke his record for most 180s hit in the tournament, making 66 this year to beat the 64 he set in 2025.
Despite producing arguably the best performance from a player in a major tournament, the 19-year-old warned that he "can still get better".
Littler said: "I can get a lot better. Through the matches, I was up to a 120 average at one point, and I didn't make it stick. Maybe in a few years' time I will stick it and go up to a 120 average.
"At the minute I'm playing some of the best stuff and I've just got to keep it there.
"The main goal was to win every major once. I don't know how many years are left in me.
"We're still only two-and-a-half years into my professional career. It's far from done."

LATEST SPORTS NEWS
- Gerwyn Price hits out at Luke Littler opponents as teenage darts star storms to victory
- Tyson Fury's Mariusz Wach boxing match waved off as fans boo Gypsy King's win
- Lando Norris gets first 2026 win in Hungarian Grand Prix as Lewis Hamilton further penalised
Littler has won every major competition so far this year and explained that he was keen to retain his Matchplay trophy.
The Nuke continued: "I've come out with the best outcome there is in any tournament by lifting the trophy, but the way I've done it, I've definitely surprised myself, but it's down to the commitment I've got.
"I wanted to win this trophy more than anything, go back to back, put my name on that list, and that's what I've done.
"I wasn't playing the best [in the World Series], but I've come here with a different mindset."

Price, who was appearing in his first final since 2022, played very well with an average of 104.97, but could not keep up with the Nuke.
The Welshman was full of praise for his opponent, describing him as "one in a million".
Price said: "I think I played pretty decent. In that game I missed a couple of opportunities, but the bull checkouts, the 167, it was a big turning point even though it was early in the game.
"I didn't play brilliantly, but I played decently."

Littler is in pursuit of a sweep of the majors this year, hoping to win every PDC televised event.
He is currently outside the top 64 threshold to qualify for the Players Championship Finals after not featuring in a single event in 2026, with only eight competitions left.
The Nuke admitted he has had to pause holiday plans to Spain in order to try and qualify for the Players.
He said: "I don't think my Dad is too happy because we were going to Spain. But I think we have to go to Leicester now and play some ProTours. It is what it is."
Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter
from GB News https://ift.tt/uvRJk9K
via IFTTT

Thank you for your message!