Type Here to Get Search Results !

Alan Brazil, 67, reveals emotional health update after heart stopped during life-saving transplant


Alan Brazil has confirmed he will make his long-awaited return to talkSPORT this week after spending months recovering from life-saving surgery that saw his heart stop during a liver transplant.

The popular broadcaster, 67, has been away from the airwaves since undergoing the major operation earlier this year, with listeners eagerly awaiting news on when he would be back behind the microphone.


Now, the former Ipswich Town, Tottenham and Manchester United forward has revealed he will resume hosting duties from 6am on Wednesday, marking an emotional comeback after a lengthy rehabilitation.

Speaking in a video shared with supporters while relaxing in Suffolk alongside his dog Hugo, Brazil delivered the news himself.


"Hi everyone, Hugo say hello," he said.

"I'm looking forward to Wednesday. Wednesday morning at 6am, talkSPORT, Brazil's back."

Brazil has spent the past few months focusing on his recovery and admitted the enforced break has been beneficial, even if there have been some restrictions on what he can do.

"I've had a great break here in Suffolk. The weather's been sensational, although I'm not really allowed to be in the sun too much," he said.


Alan Brazil has confirmed he will make his long-awaited return to talkSPORT this week after spending months recovering from life-saving surgery that saw his heart stop during a liver transplant

The radio favourite also acknowledged how much he had missed being on air during his absence.

"I've missed all of this, the last three months. I really have," he continued.

"And I have had a great break.

"I feel my everything is beginning to improve week after week."

LATEST SPORTS NEWS:



Alan Brazil has long been a popular figure on talkSPORT

Although Brazil is returning to broadcasting, he admitted he is still some way from making a full recovery.

He is due to step away again on Thursday for planned medical treatment before returning on Friday, explaining that doctors expect his rehabilitation to take around six months in total.

Despite the ongoing recovery process, Brazil is already looking ahead to the new football season after securing season tickets at Portman Road, where he hopes to watch plenty of Ipswich matches over the coming campaign.

The former Scotland international also shared his thoughts on several talking points in football following the World Cup.


Reflecting on FIFA's handling of the tournament, Brazil admitted he was left unimpressed by the direction of the competition.

"The World Cup, not great for me, I didn't like all the commercialisation and of course we're hearing all about it now aren't we?" he controversially stated.

He also backed Arsenal as one of the strongest contenders heading into the new Premier League season, although he insisted the title race remains far from predictable.


Alan Brazil pictured playing for Scotland during his playing days

Discussing Tottenham, Brazil added: "If you look at what Spurs have done.

"I think that was a massive scare.


"I'm not saying they'll be up there."

Brazil also joked about Chelsea's experienced additions, describing Danny Welbeck and Jordan Henderson as "two old pensioners", while acknowledging that both players could still offer valuable leadership and experience.






from GB News https://ift.tt/olOwi5d
via IFTTT
Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.