Rory McIlroy's return to golf has been confirmed, with the Northern Irishman set to play in the FedExCup Playoffs opener at next week's FedEx St Jude Championship in Memphis.
The PGA Tour announced the back-to-back Masters Champion will headline the event at TPC Southwind.
The Northern Irishman has not played since The Open Championship last month, returning to the FedEx St Jude Championship after missing the event last year.
The 70-golfer field will also feature world No1 Scottie Scheffler and defending FedExCup champion Tommy Fleetwood.
FedEx St Jude Championship winner from last year, Justin Rose, has also committed to playing.
The Northern Irishman has taken time away from golf, jetting off across Europe, including spending time in Ibiza, where he was spotted in a nightclub.
The Grand Slam champion also spent time in Greece with fellow golfing star Shane Lowry and their families.
The pair departed for the getaway shortly after wrapping up proceedings in The Open Championship at Royal Birkdale in Southport, Merseyside.

LATEST SPORTS NEWS
- Gianni Infantino's alleged lover 'paid off by UEFA' as FIFA President faces growing pressure to quit
- Andrew Flintoff steps down from role as England Lions head coach
- Conor McGregor says the 'comeback season starts now' after undergoing surgery on injured knee
Images posted by Lowry's wife show the golfers with their families taking a well-deserved break after a busy calendar, which saw them play in all four majors.
The Northern Irishman previously confirmed that he would be taking a break from golf after The Open.
He said: "I was just sort of stuck in neutral for most of the week. Even par over the weekend is not going to get it done.
"I just felt like any time I got a little bit of momentum out there, I seemed to make a bogey. It was just one of those weeks I couldn't get it going.

"This season feels very similar to last season.
"Obviously I won the first major of the year and fell off a little bit after that - but any time you win a major in a year, you have to be pleased about that.
"I haven't really taken the time to enjoy that or celebrate that.
"Poppy's got another four weeks off school until she goes back, so I'm just going to enjoy the summer holidays with her and Erica. That's what I'm looking forward to the most."

McIlroy previously said he feels he can pick and choose what tournaments he plays in after completing the career Grand Slam.
When asked if it was true that playing consistently on the PGA Tour no longer got his "juices flowing", the 37-year-old said: "Yes, that's fair.
"I think it just sort of ebbs and flows. There's been years where I've given it maybe more of my attention and years that I haven't.
"I guess I'm just at a stage that I have other things that I prioritise. I came to that decision last year, and I'm just sort of doing the same thing."
Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter
from GB News https://ift.tt/1o3IXWL
via IFTTT

Thank you for your message!