Type Here to Get Search Results !

Enzo Fernandez makes emotional admission as new Man City signing explains Chelsea exit


Enzo Fernandez has admitted he has "not been in a good place" after ending his Chelsea career with a sensational £125million move to Manchester City.

The Argentina international completed his switch to the Etihad Stadium on deadline day following a transfer saga that stretched across the summer.


City will pay Chelsea a guaranteed £125m, making Fernandez the joint-most expensive signing in British football history.

The agreement also represents a club-record sale for the Blues, who eventually sanctioned his departure after he made clear his desire to leave Stamford Bridge.


Fernandez has now broken his silence with an emotional farewell to Chelsea's supporters, acknowledging the anger his controversial move to a Premier League rival may cause.

"Dear Chelsea, I want you to know that these have not been easy days for me," he wrote on Instagram.

"Writing this is not easy either. The truth is, I haven't been in a good place.

"Three years ago, Cobham and Stamford Bridge became home for me and my family. I grew attached to the people, to the shirt, and to the badge of this incredible club."


Enzo Fernandez has admitted he has "not been in a good place" after ending his Chelsea career with a sensational \u00a3125million move to Manchester City

Fernandez insisted his commitment to Chelsea had never wavered during a turbulent three-year spell in west London.

He said he had become "obsessed with winning" following his arrival and reflected on the setbacks, arguments and trophy celebrations he experienced in blue.

The midfielder also told supporters he could understand their disappointment over his decision to join City.

"But life is about making decisions, and right now I find myself having to make one of those difficult decisions," he continued.

LATEST SPORTS NEWS:



"I've said it before, but I want to say it again: I have grown incredibly fond of this club.

"Chelsea will always have a place in my thoughts and, above all, in my heart.

"But I also understand how football works. I know how passionate you are, because I am the same.

"And if I were in your position, I would probably be thinking the same way."


Fernandez thanked Chelsea's players, coaches, medical staff and employees before insisting he would continue to celebrate the club's future success.

He concluded: "You will always be in my heart, Blues.

"I will always wish you, always, nothing but the very best. Always Blue. Thank you, Chelsea."

Fernandez had reportedly been pushing to leave before the transfer window opened, with his relationship with former Chelsea manager Enzo Maresca understood to have played a significant role in his desire to join City.


Enzo Fernandez, Enzo Maresca

Maresca is now in charge at the Etihad and will be reunited with the World Cup winner in Manchester.

Negotiations began on Monday, just one day before the deadline.


City's opening proposal of £104m plus add-ons was rejected, with Chelsea demanding a guaranteed sum and initially valuing Fernandez at £135m.

The two sides ultimately reached a compromise after City returned with a fixed £125m offer, bringing one of the summer's biggest transfer stories to a dramatic conclusion.






from GB News https://ift.tt/0FhoXYa
via IFTTT
Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.